The Ardent Partners’ SMARTSet™ (Supply Management Assessment and Research Toolkit) is a comprehensive set of research tools and templates designed to help AP organizations navigate the solution selection process and maximize the value driven from investments in AP technology (or ePayables). The five-document series includes:
- ePayables Business Case Template
- ePayables ROI Calculator
- ePayables RFP Template
- ePayables Solution Provider Landscape
- ePayables Best Practices
The ePayables Best Practices Report, the last of the SMARTSet documents, will provide key insights and recommendations to ensure a smooth and successful AP automation deployment. The report includes important considerations for the following phases of the solution selection process:
- Getting Started – There are numerous processes/steps involved leading up to the actual selection process where product demos, presentations and RFP responses are being considered. These steps are as important to the overall success of the initiative as selecting the provider as they help lay the groundwork for a successful program. The best practice recommendations covered in this section include: stakeholders, understanding current processes, establishing a plan and technology.
- The RFP Process - The RFP process begins after all the internal requirements have been gathered, the business case/plan has been reviewed and approved and all stakeholders have been engaged. In this section, we provide some best practices around the RFP process and technology demo’s
- Solution Deployment – The deployment of a solution can be an arduous process with multiple moving parts that need attention. There can be several barriers that hinder the achievement of the intended organizational benefits. Outside of the standard deployment stages and milestones, we provide some best practices around stakeholders and their role, service level agreements and preventing scope Creep.
- Post-Deployment – Lastly, once a solution has been selected and deployed, there is still work to be done to ensure that the full value of the solution is delivered. This includes improving adoption rates, managing supplier enablement progress and monitoring various performance and efficiency metrics and costs.
If your organization is considering the automation of accounts payable or has already deployed a solution this document will help ensure that you get the most out of your investment.
For more information about this report and how to access it, click here.